RHODE ISLAND SPCA
Thank you so much for your interest in volunteering here with us at the Rhode Island SPCA!
New for 2022– Volunteer applications will be accepted for specific departments on an as-needed basis. We will be posting positions as they become available.
We invite you to apply* for one of the below available positions after reading the following volunteer requirements:
- Minimum of 16 years old *Rumford Pet Express volunteers can be 12 w/ a parent
- Able to commit to a weekly schedule for a minimum of 3 months
- Ability to effectively communicate with the public in a professional manor
- Ability to understand, remember and follow both verbal and written instructions and procedures
- Ability, once trained, to work independently with minimal supervision
- Ability to bend, lift and be on your feet for extended periods of time
*When filling out an application , you will have the opportunity to specify which position you are applying for.
(as of 9/19/22)
Small Animal Caretaker @ Rumford Pet Express (East Providence)- *ON CALL ONLY* (evening shift is anytime 5-8) Care for our small animals (guinea pigs, rabbits, etc..) currently being housed at Rumford Pet Express while they await adoption. This involves feeding, cleaning and socializing.
Lawn care/Gardening– make your own volunteer schedule! Have a green thumb? Spend some time outdoors in the sun helping us maintain our gardens by weeding, watering, raking, etc…
Street Team– make your own volunteer schedule! Help us get the word out about current events by distributing flyers to pet-friendly businesses in your area! If interested, please e-mail email@example.com
Fundraising/Events– Join our fundraising team by helping us plan and attend various fundraising events and outreach opportunities.