RHODE ISLAND SPCA
Thank you so much for your interest in volunteering here with us at the Rhode Island SPCA!
Volunteers are accepted for specific departments on an as-needed basis. Positions are posted as they become available.
*At this time we are NOT providing court-ordered community service or student project opportunities.
We invite you to pursue one of the below available positions after reading the following volunteer requirements:
- Are a minimum of 16 years old
- Able to commit to a minimum of 4 hours per month for a period of at least 3 months
- Able to effectively communicate with the public in a professional manor
- Able to understand, remember and follow both verbal and written instructions and procedures
- Able to, once trained, work independently with minimal supervision
- Able to bend, lift and be on your feet for extended periods of time
MORNING KENNEL CLEANING VOLUNTEER Daily 8am-10am or 8am-12pm. Assist our animal care staff by sanitizing dog kennels, providing clean bedding and toys and assisting with laundry, dishes, etc. If interested in helping out with morning kennel cleaning, please fill out an application here.
DOG WALKERS- Daily 8am-4pm in 1 or 2 hour shifts Provide positive experiences with our dogs while they await adoption. Take them for walks, visit our play yard, take photos and help us to promote them for adoption! Please fill out a volunteer application here.